All merchandise is guaranteed to be in the condition stated. All merchandise sold on the website is new from the manufacturer. All used vinyl/merch is only sold in our physical location and must be returned there for inspection before return is made.
Groov’in Records will accept returns on merchandise sold only under the following conditions:
- Timeliness of return - All return matters must be handled in a timely fashion. Customers have 2 weeks from the receipt of the order to communicate with Groov’in Records regarding any complaints. It is important that all items are inspected upon receiving the order, and that any complaints are directed to Groov’in Records immediately. Also, once a return request has been made, the customer has 1 week to return the merchandise for a refund or replacement. Groov’in Records cannot be held responsible for merchandise that remains in the customer's possession for 2 weeks or more.
- Defects - If a new item purchased at Groov’in Records is defective due to an error by the manufacturer, we will replace that item with another of the same item in stock. If there is not another of that item in stock, we will offer a credit for the cost of the item towards the purchase of another item.
Misrepresentation - If Groov’in Records has accidentally misrepresented one of our titles in a website listing - a return for credit may be proposed, at the discretion of the Groov’in Records Returns Department. Examples of misrepresentation may include the following:
- Incorrectly listing song titles for a particular release.
- Incorrectly listing specific material characteristics (gatefold cover, color of vinyl, etc) of a particular release.
- Incorrectly listing size of item
- Processing Error - If an error has occurred in a customer order at the fault of Groov’in Records, then Groov’in Records will accept the item back for a refund or credit. However, if an error occurs at the fault of the customer ordering an item, Groov’in Records cannot be held responsible.
- Shipping Error - If an order is damaged or mishandled due to an error by our shipping company, we will replace any damaged items. However, the return must be handled in a way that allows for proper survey of the damage caused. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Shipping Damage - Groov’in Records is committed to getting you your purchases in the best possible condition. Damage claims for these problems include: broken records, warped records, broken item, and severely ripped or folded record jackets.
However, please be aware that in the process of shipping goods to you, some slight wear might occasionally occur during the shipping process. While this sort of wear is not something we endorse, it is sometimes an inevitable fact of shipping items to you, and unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it. Wear such as this might include: slightly crinkled corners on record covers, some slight seam splitting on LP jackets, bent corners on product packaging, and other small cosmetic defects. We try as hard as we can to sell you only perfect goods, and we pack them as well as possible — but please be aware that whatever we do, some small cosmetic damage might occur as part of the shipping process.
We will gladly replace any items that experience major defects from shipping — but we cannot do so for items that only experience small cosmetic ones. If you need everything you buy to be totally perfect, we recommend that you only purchase items 'in person' at a store where you can inspect them yourself.
Returns must be authorized with the Groov’in Records returns department before they are sent to us. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted. All possible returns should be discussed with Groov’in Records before any action is taken. You can reach the returns department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groov’in Records does not refund/replace merchandise for the following:
- Issues of Taste - Groov’in Records cannot be held responsible for individual instances of personal taste. Popular music is a wide and varied array of different styles and preferences - and particular likes and dislikes are the province of the individual, not the music industry in general. If a customer is dissatisfied with the artistic component of a specific title, they should take the matter up with the artist who produced the album.
- Customer Error - Groov’in Records cannot be held responsible for items that were purchased in error by a customer. We will make every effort to help a customer make the right choice when they are looking for a specific title - but once the item has been purchased, we cannot be held responsible if the customer has made a mistake in their choice.
There will be minor exceptions to these policies if a "new" item purchased from Groov’in Records is still in the original shrinkwrap, and if it shows no additional signs of wear incurred in the item's tenure with a customer. If an item has been opened or played by a customer, however, we cannot accept the item back for return - as it will no longer be available for resale at the regular price. We have a low markup on our "new" items, and we have no room to drop them to account for handling by the customers.
These policies are not meant to penalize the customers of Groov’in Records, but only to ensure that they make the correct choices before purchasing an item.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.